Depression is a word that many of us are hearing. The topic of ‘depression’ comes to the stage when a suicide has caught the attention of society. These facts do not create a good picture of depression in our minds. Is depression as dangerous as you say? Today we are talking about that.
Do you know?
– Depression is the most common mental illness in the world. More than 300 million people worldwide are affected by this disease.
– This is the leading cause of inactivity of people.
– One of the leading diseases affecting a large number of people.
– Research has shown that women are at higher risk of contracting the disease than men.
– Exacerbation of the disease can lead to suicide.
– There are many effective treatments for depression.
#1. How is depression diagnosed?
Problems are a normal part of human life. In some problems, we get so sad. Just because you are sad about the setbacks in life does not mean that you have depression. If you have been suffering from depression for more than two weeks, you may be diagnosed with depression.
#2. What Happens When You Have Depression?
You become a passive person. You find it difficult to carry out the daily tasks in your life. If you have a job, your job, if you study, learning may be disrupted. As a husband or wife, you will neglect your responsibilities. At the very least, even your cleanliness will be distracted.
The joy of life runs away from you. Nothing will make you happy. You get distracted by your hobbies. You get away from your friends. Frequent conflicts with others can occur when you are constantly frustrated and angry. The result is that you become more and more isolated. Remember that it is a great pain not only for you but also for your loved ones.
You can lose a lot of things due to depression. Depression can cause you to lose your job, your education, and even your loved ones. Depression is the root cause of many divorces, dropouts, and breakups.
It is not just your heart that suffers. Depression can have a devastating effect on your mind and body. It is a cause not only of infertility, but also of various physical ailments, long-term incurable injuries, and heart attacks. Even depressive symptoms can bother you. Depression is just like any other illness which needs full support from the family.
You may even lose your life. None of us have a resource as valuable as life. Depression can have a devastating effect on us, destroying the very life we love. The World Health Organization (WHO) has identified depression as a leading cause of suicide.
#3. Are your loved ones safe from depression?
It is your responsibility to protect your spouse, parents, children, and relatives from depression. Otherwise, you will have to see them suffer from all the above afflictions and persecutions. Imagine how painful it would be for them if they paid with their lives for continuing to ignore depression.
#4. What should you do?
1. Be aware – Ignorance is one of the main reasons for delaying treatment for depression. Some people lose a lot of jobs, marriage, education, etc. when they seek treatment. Sometimes inheriting the black spot of attempted suicide. So be aware of depression. Even if you do not need that knowledge now, it may be vital in the future. You will even be able to use that knowledge to save a life.
2. Prevent Depression – Depression often occurs when a person does not have enough strength to face life’s problems and challenges. If you have that energy, you can fight depression successfully. For that, you need the knowledge to prevent depression. So be aware not only of recognizing depression but also of preventing depression.
3. Get help. – Depression can be successfully treated with immediate treatment. Therefore, consult a psychiatrist or psychiatrist as soon as the disease is diagnosed. Remember that every moment that delays treatment will endanger the life of you or your loved one.
Finally, the devil’s form of depression is darker than we think. Only you can make a difference. We believe this article is worth to your life. Therefore do not forget to share this with your friends as well.
You can read more life-related articles.